Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1

Actually, my first day was unexcitable and full of activities. Seriously, I didn’t expect to spend my first day at work placement that way!
I went to the conference building at 8:45 as they asked me to do earlier. The place was crowded by high school students and some of university students as well. They gathered to attend JA Innovation Camp. This exciting one day workshop challenges students to find the most innovation solutions to a business challenges through various exercises using critical thinking and problem solving skills.it gives them the opportunity to engage in exciting activities with a mentor from the corporate world that are meant to expend their horizons and introduce entrepreneurship in a fun way.
They invited some leaders from young Arab Leaders .The Young Arab leaders is a network of Arab men and women who have seen the power of the of action in their own lives and currently in prominent position of responsibility for extraordinary achievement .Also there were some partners from other INJAZ such as Saudi, Oman and Yemen to be as mentors for the students.
I met Sulfa the CEO of INJAZ UAE she is very optimistic and enthusiastic person also, I met May, Hassan, Blal, Dalia and Mohammed the stuff who work for INJAZ
INJAZ consider as the link between the government and private organizations and they corporate with a lot of leading companies among UAE. Moreover, I set with Mona Al-Gurg the Chairwomen of Young Arab Leader and we had a little chat about how to encourage the students to become entrepreneurs and their ideas to reach this goal .Also, I had chat with Hala Al-Gargawi emirate entrepreneur, Omar Bandora from INJAZ KSA, Shabeb from INJAZ Oman, May from INJAZ Yemen and some other gusts from UAE university.
Because it was my first day they didn’t ask me to do anything, but I tried to join them, ask them if they need help, organized and participate in some activities.
The Conference done by 2:30 and they let me left the place at 3:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment